Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Long List of Things

I've actually been doing a lot, starting many things and working on them as I go. I guess this is the most exciting thing this week is my little ode to League of Legends and their stunning pairings.

Two of my favourite wrapped in one drawing. Caitlyn x Vi and Leona x Diana.

The Law and The Rebel vs The Sun and The Moon.

I'm treating this as a test to the style I'll be trying to refine the rest of the summer. I've struggled with trying to find that balanced blend of cartoon and rendered illustration that I oh so love. I do need to try and push things a bit more.I think for my signature theme of pretty girls I do have a knack for eyes, at least that what I find myself mostly captivated towards.

I'm kinda bummed I didn't work as hard to keep up with my blog but I will do so now as I think it's pretty rad to see process work.

I have a very specific swatch collection that I work with in photoshop. I do like the uncoated pastels as a base to work off of in school when I don't have my laptop with me where I have a good 30 or so colours that I like to constantly refer back to.


 I did end up colouring the sketch from the last post. I tried to do a simple block in and minimalistic shading. I tried, and I felt so sad after I was done, but it wasn't the type of image that needed a lot of rendering. I like the legs the most in this.


 Justin Chan, an animation student in the year below me started this pretty cool collaboration across Twitter that invited artists to do a quick sketch of the first 150 pokemon. I was inspired by Pasquale D'Silva's project featuring animals made out of triangles (Triganimals), http://psql.carbonmade.com/projects/4812927 and decided to take a stab at this very graphic geometric style.

The pokemon I got was Jolteon (the right) which is the lightening evolution of the starter pokemon, Eevee. I'm working on finishing the set of all the eeveelutions. Currently on Vaporeon, the water type.

I think I may make a button set of these when I have finished :)


 Wanting to vamp up my twitter page I decided to make a new drawn ID versus taking 50 + photos. I am an artist, why shouldn't I draw? Mint is one of my favourite colours so using that muted pastel ( my favourites ) as my background I quickly got to work on another minimal rendering piece that I am actually quite smitten with.

My friend Hayley,  is a photographer who goes to school with me at Sheridan and is an active artist in other mediums as well. I want to describe her drawings as ... she means well. I'm kidding, she's very talented and you can tell she has a lot of fun working in other mediums other than photos. In our group of friends though she's very fashion forward ( like I try to be! ) and so she was pretty, emphasis on the pretty easy to draw. She's a lot of fun and has a definitive style is which is a mash up of pin-up and 90's cool.

My intention will be to also draw the rest of our group of friends, who now that I think about it are all very smartly dressed, trendy folk.

Que the cloud over your head that tells you your friends are all way too gorgeous and deserve to be models. Well, they are, maybe not by an agency but they're used quite a bit as other photographer's models in school.

Poo.

Moving on are just random sketches that I posted on instagram throughout the season from my sketchbook.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/a1fdaf533c8d1b50ee2d094b84e6fb96/tumblr_mnfzbigzPf1qf8191o1_500.jpgnee-coco:

I drew tinkerbell . Idk, Disney kidz #girls #art #dailydraws #cobaltcolada #sketch #Disney #tinkerbell #fairies
nee-coco:

There were some other fashion magazine sketches.
nee-coco:

taafi festival sketch.
wanted some colour injected back into my life of blue pencils.
 ^ This one was done at the taafi festival in July.

This is my original character Ellie, she's a waitress. She works in a trendy coffee house, so maybe a barista too. Shes got sass for days. 

Again, as promised I will post more. If I don't I will get a tattoo.
Well that's not such a bad punishment.
Well except that I can't tolerate pain at all.

We'll come back to a later date to discuss what my punishment should be if I don't keep up with the blog.


Yeah? Yeah. Thanks for stopping by and things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment